In general, The Tech publishes on Thursdays when class is in session. For exceptions and other publishing dates, please see the calendar to the right.
Special Issues and Dates
- Orientation: The Tech's orientation issues are on August 23 and August 30.
- Back To School: Classes start on September 5. The Tech publishes the day after, on September 6.
- Fall Career Fair: The Fall Career Fair takes place on September 29.
- Family Weekend: MIT's family weekend 2018 is being held on October 26-27. The Tech publishes on October 25.
- TBP Career Fair: The Tau Beta Pi career fair, also known as xFair will be held at the beginning of February. The Tech publishes Thursday the weeks before and after the fair.
- Spring Break: MIT Spring Break 2019 is the week of March 25-29.
- Campus Preview Weekend: CPW is the preview weekend for admitted students and their parents. Typically drawing over 1,000 students, CPW 2019 takes place April 11-14. The Tech publishes a special edition on April 12 — this edition is the best to take advantage of the opportunity to reach thousands of admitted freshmen and their families.
- Commencement: The Tech publishes the day of commencement, making the issue a keepsake for thousands of graduates and their families. Commencement 2019 takes place on June 7.