In general, The Tech publishes on Thursdays when class is in session. For exceptions and other publishing dates, please see the calendar to the right.
Special Issues and Dates
- xFair: MIT's spring career fair, also known as xFair is being held on February 4th. The Tech publishes Thursday the weeks before and after the fair.
- Spring Break: Spring vacation for MIT is the week of March 25–29. The Tech does not publish during the break.
- Campus Preview Weekend: CPW is the preview weekend for admitted students and their parents. Typically drawing over 1,000 students, CPW 2019 takes place April 11–14. The Tech publishes a special edition on April 12 — this edition is the best to take advantage of the opportunity to reach thousands of admitted freshmen and their families.
- Commencement: The Tech publishes the day of commencement, making the issue a keepsake for thousands of graduates and their families. Commencement 2019 takes place on June 7.
- Orientation: The Tech publishes special issues during Orientation Week on August 22 and during the recruitment (rush) period for Fraternities, Sororities, and Independent Living Groups (FSILGs) on August 29.
- Back To School: Classes start on September 4. The Tech publishes the day after, on September 5.
- Fall Career Fair: The Fall Career Fair takes place on September 20. The Tech publishes the day before, on September 19.
- Family Weekend: MIT's family weekend 2019 is being held on October 25–26. The Tech publishes on October 24.